Thursday, April 21, 2005

My experience in AA

I had to attend an AA meeting today for class. It was quite a humbling experience. It was so awesome, but at the same time so sad to see so many people who had to get to such a low point to realize the truth that they need God. To see the people that did find God was the awesome part, but the ones who just relied on the group and a "higher power" i felt for. I just wanted to go to them and tell them about Jesus and how he was there and able and willing to lift them from there despair and to free them from their addiction. It just reminded me of what Paul says in 1 Corinthians 6:9-11. Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor aduterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders nor thieves nor the greedy nor drunkards nor slanderers nor swindlers will inherit the kingdom of God. And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified, in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God.

I think we can all find a bit of ourselves in those verses. I am just continuously thankful that God is still working in me and helping me to truly be washed, sanctified and justified. I continue to look at these verses and see that all vices and all sin can be covered by those statements. Which again demonstrates God's mercy for us all. His ability to forgive is aviable to all. My charge that I recieve from this verse is to always remember that "And that is what some of you were" I am no longer bound by my sin and that I have been freed by the redemptive power of the blood of Christ. I am free to live a life unbound by my own sin. I am free to live boldly for the Lord. To live and to fail under his redemptive power. To strive to live the perfect life the life i have been called to live. The life that he has given.

5 Comments:

At 10:25 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Awesome Nic,
great way to start out- the gospel! :)

 
At 12:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you, Nic. It's so cool to see God shaping you and working in your life! What a blessing, thank you. God is definitely the ultimate Redeemer, huh? Love you!

 
At 7:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

flippin' sweet!

do you think I should set up on here?

My blog is so spammed that it is disgusting.

 
At 10:21 AM, Blogger Beth said...

Billy start a blog!!!!!

 
At 12:20 PM, Blogger nic said...

billy for once i agree with beth openly and in writing start one up though mine will be far superior
lol

 

Post a Comment

<< Home