Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The Psalms

I have been reading the Psalms as of late. And I find them very interesting. Some are such a wonderful praise to God, other a lament and others that seem almost as if they are trying to bribe God. I love reading the psalms because of the continual change of emotion you see in them It is so much like our lives. At one moment we are awe struck by God and his goodness then things go wrong and we are mad at the lord and wondering where he went in our lives. Then we realize he was always there and praise Him once more. But my favorite ones or at least the ones that struck me as very similar to myself are the ones were the psalmist is trying to get God the help him by what seems like a bribe. He says if only you would do this Lord we would praise your name forever and sayings such as this. As if our conditions ever meant anything to God. But it is amazing how we try to sell him our way of seeing things. When in all reality we should be trying to see his way more clearly. I can only hope that by time in the word and more importantly time in prayer I will become more like the person seeking Gods way than the one trying to sell God mine. All praises to the God who gives and takes away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home