Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Half lives

I was driving to Charlotte after the honeymoon on our way to live in our new place. I was by myself since me and Tara had to take two cars down. In this time I began thinking about God and other things. I had a few good revelations. First I started thinking about the reception at my wedding and how Jesus related that to the kingdom of God. I remembered how much fun I had with all my friends and family but then I started thinking. Hey all these people may not get to celebrate this with me in heaven. It really put a fire in me to be more of a witness to my family and friends because I do not want them to miss out of the wonderful celebration that is our homecoming, our return to the presence of the Lord. I was also thinking about half-lives you know like in science class, but I was thinking our spiritual lives are a half life as well. If we don't know Jesus then we are living a half-life. And until we find him or should I say he finds us we are only half of what we could be. The thing about half-lives though is that after each half-life you lose half of the whole. Example start with 100 after one half life 50 after another 25 after one more 12.5 and so on. You see as we age and our half live continues to dwindle we have less and less of our whole selves left. This makes it harder for us to see and understand the workings of God. Think of a child and the faith of a child the half life of a child is as close to full as its going to be. I believe that is why Jesus asks us to have the faith of a child because they are more able to believe (less baggage). But the other wonderful thing about half-lives are that no matter how small you never completely eliminate all of it. it just keeps getting smaller. So this shows that no matter when and no matter the scars and baggage God always has a part of us that he can call out to. There is always something inside us wanting to be back in his presence. And God in his grace can take that piece no matter how big or how small and make us whole again. He can take away our half lives and make us again fully human. Praise God for this and for his Son Jesus Christ who makes us whole.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home