Thursday, February 02, 2006

Super Steeler

Being a Steelers fan I have been reading a lot about the up coming super bowl. And I do mean a lot. All the stupid little article on why this and why that. I was reading about my new favorite steeler Troy Polamalu. I have always been a steeler fan and will always be a steeler fan, but Troy Polamalu is not only a great football player but from what I can tell a great Christian man. I have read article were they quote him talking about Jesus and the importance of remaining loyal to your wife for the majority of his media day interviews. In another interview he states he does every thing with passion from playing football to reading the Bible to hanging with his wife. What a refreshing thing from pro sports when the thing we first thing of is that they are all thugs. I am proud to say that this man represents my team. My Steelers. Oh and not only that he prays between each play. He not only has impressed me with his talents, but now I see him as a man of faith to look up to. Most people would fold or just not talk about their love of Jesus in his place but he is laying it out there for all to see with no shame and with that same passion he plays with. Praise God for people like that. To have that venue to glorify God and he does with all that he does. I should hope we all would aspire to do the same.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home