Tuesday, December 13, 2005

Prayer

Prayer has really been coming up in my life lately. It has been appearing in the scripture I read, the messages I hear, in so many aspects of my walk right now. Admittedly I am poor at prayer. I need to continue to work and continue praying to get better. How do you become a better ball player you play ball, how do you become a better prayer you pray. I just have been evaluating my prayer life. Do I pray as Jesus gave us the example. I sometimes forget that the Lord's prayer is a diagram of how we are to pray. Our Father who art in heaven. Hallow be thy name. Telling us to remember the Glory of God to praise Him in our prayers. Next, Thy kingdom come, thy will be done. On earth as it is in heaven Telling us to remember to be humble and that it is all in His hands and our prayers should be in accordance to His will not our selfish needs or desires. Give us this day our daily bread. ask Him for blessings. Forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us. Repenting from our ways and sins and forgiving those who have sinned against us. Lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Ask Him to guide our way and our steps to strengthen us in our lives to avoid our sinful desires. I find that when I follow this diagram. My prayers are much more complete. I do not stick to the selfish help me God prayers I normally do where its about me and not about others. When I pray in this manner I pray as Jesus taught me to pray. I pray this helps you my faithful readers as it has truly helped me. Praise God and God bless

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

very interesting. that's also something that I've been looking into. Jesus clearly points us to pray to the Father, but I seem to always pray to Jesus. It's very interesting to figure out the workings of something so mysterious, but yet so proven worthy and mighty time and time again in life.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home