Tuesday, November 29, 2005

My first h2o sermon

This past sunday i was graced with the chance to speak to the h2o church. I got to speak on the last of the 7 deadly sins in our series "sloth" i was afforded this opportunity because of billy's sloth and having to go to amsterdam to do some missions trip which i hear was good stuff yay jesus. It was a good turn out for the fact that it was the first sunday after thanksgiving break. I think the talk went well and from those who said something said it was a good talk. I felt things went very well. I planned on talking and teaching on sloth. But as i was writing God layed out more of a preach. I really felt kind of off for the portion of the sloth talk were i spoke as an advacate of sloth. It is very hard to speak on something you do not grasp or believe in. To clearify i did the talk as duel persons one telling the "good life" of sloth and one speaking biblical truth on sloth. The second half was much easier. I just thought of something when i said it is hard to talk on something you dont grasp. So it makes me see how much when people talk about other religions or things how they can speak so truly because they think it is true and that is why we can speak as christian so strongly and passionately about Christ. So when you engage in conversation with nonbelievers or believers of other faiths realize that. Realize they believe just as strongly as you do but not in the Truth. So we need to be sensitive and allow the Spirit to lead the conversation because it takes only the work of God to change a heart. No matter how well we argue or lay out the vision. Just a tangent thought. But the talk went well and it was truly a blessing opened my eyes more clearly to my own sloth and hopefully i can fix that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home