Monday, November 07, 2005

What i cant hear you

Right now i am trying to hear God. I got my first job offer today for the DC area, but im not sure if God wants me there or in morgantown or in charlotte. I am try to listen to what God has to say but i just can not seem to get a clear utterance and maybe because i am not ready to hear what he has to say yet. I still have many offers to come probably and prayerfully. I right now feel as if God has elminated the DC area and it is down to morgantown and charlotte. I guess i will just keep praying and listening to hear what God is saying and just keep waiting to see what offers come and all that stuff. Well please pray i make the correct choice and i listen to where god is sending me.

2 Comments:

At 9:19 AM, Blogger Beth said...

oooooooooooooooooo- You should read "Decision Making and the Will of God" by Friesen- great book. Picking a job is a non-moral decision- just like deciding to put on your right shoe first instead of your left.

What God wants us to hear- and what we have to listen to is His revealed will for us in the Bible- that is His moral will. His sovereign will is unknowable. So use wisdom and choose what you like- we have that freedom. I'm not sure where this listening to God comes from, but be careful- its not biblical. Trying to "feel" what He wants you to do isn't mature way of makinga choice.

 
At 9:10 PM, Blogger nic said...

feel may not have been the best use of words i understand that God is more than emotion and that you have to not rely on the emotion because the emotion is easily skewed. But its not so much the job because the job will be the same in either place its placing myself in a place were God has intends for me to be the job is inconsequential but its like Jonah i dont want to be told to go to nieveh and got elsewhere and be swallowed by a whale sorry for misspellings

 

Post a Comment

<< Home