Monday, October 31, 2005

Lonely

Have you ever been surrounded by people you know, friends but still feel lonely. Well that happened to me this past Saturday. I was at Cameron Kings birthday/costume party and I just felt alone. I came home later that night and just lay on my bed. I don't know what was wrong with me. I guess maybe the devil was up to his old tricks. Halloween was one of my favorite nights to go out back in my PCE (pre Christian era). I was driving home and saw all the people out running around and having fun. And for a moment I missed that. Not the drunken part but just the fun the I don't know you but its Halloween and we are having fun. I guess what im saying is that sometimes our past still haunts us, fitting it being Halloween and all. I know I have been redeemed and healed, but the memories are still there and still haunting and sadly enticing. I guess it is just another way God is showing me my total reliance on Him and how much I still need Him. Well, point well taken.

1 Comments:

At 1:21 PM, Blogger Beth said...

How weird is that- I had a lonely feeling on Halloween too. I got home early and I was able to spend a few minutes in the word and praying. I was home alone and passing out candy. It was kind of weird b/c I didn't do anything with friends- no one was home. I was on the verge of a pity party, then was blessed by God's comfort and enjoyed myself passing out candy. I hate when I get pity parties- I heard on the radio this morning about a man who spent 31 years in jail- 29 in solitary confiment for a crime he didn't commit- while he was in solitary he made candy! He took coke cans filled one end with toilet paper to be a burner and the other end he would cook the sugar in! Then he would give it away to those on death row to try to give them something special- how wonderful is that- how selfless!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home