Thursday, October 06, 2005

What is that

I had hoped to post this yesterday but when I got around to it the blogger was updating so here it is today.

I was thinking yesterday and for some reason an unpleasant thought got into my head. It forced me to take some time to reflect on it. The thought was when I was a couple of years ago I was in the Passion play at CRC. I can remember that right before we were ready to go on stage over hearing a couple of my fellow actors talking. They were in talking about how all Catholics were bound for hell.(short paraphrase). At the time that got me very fired up being at that point still Catholic and having many God loving family members who were also Catholic. But as I reflected on this years later my thoughts have changed. Is what was said still wrong yes very much so. But a see a much deeper issue at hand in all this. It has nothing to do with Catholics and Protestants. Because each denomination has its problems with all the others. It is sad. And something that has and will bother me until it stops. It is one of my soap box issues. I hate when people are so caught up on the dogma and the music and the color of carpets they forget the truth. You all remember the truth right. That Jesus is Lord and we are His children and his church sent to do his will and his work. Do we not remember that he prayed for us to stay united. Yet we focus on all these "things" that divide instead of humbling ourselves for the sake of Christ and His message. We can not forget that we are servants first and foremost not only to those who don't know Jesus but to those who do. It is our love for one another that is supposed to set us apart. Not our hypocrisy. But if you will excuse me faithful reader I must go take care of this plank in my eye I guess I will just have to leave you to take care of your own speck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home