Friday, September 30, 2005

Needs

My roomate Billy and my friend Ryan were talking yesterday and i just happened in on their conversation. A comment was made "that no matter how busy we are we seem to make time to eat and to rest because we know we need rest and food. But if we dont make time to be in the word or pray does that mean we dont think we really need it." Well i was thinking about that and i say yes it does. If we dont have the "time" to include God then we must not think Him as important as food or rest. Funny since He is the one that provides us with both. It really got me thinking. Do i put enough emphasis on getting my dose of God daily. Can i be adherent to my strict diet of Jesus. How else am i going to get closer to Him? How else can i expect to hear from Him? How else can i be sure of what He offers if i dont first of all know what he is giving and secondly if i dont remind myself of the generousity of the deal? I have really been striving to read my bible every morning and PRAISE GOD i have gotten to the point were i feel as if i am missing something, something important, if i dont read that morning the day just seems off. I guess i have in some way finally realized that if i know i need God then i need to make Him as much of a priority as food and sleep and even more so.

1 Comments:

At 2:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

that's awesome stuff! when you come to that realization your life is just so full of joy it becomes an automatic thing. keep it up:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home