Sunday, September 11, 2005

The Glory

Today was a great day. Started off by a great weekend. I went to service today and heard a good sermon (good job billy) then i went and watched the steelers kick butt. Then i went and took some quiet time it was great. I went to the core arb and just hung out in a grove of bambo it was sweet. I read some from hebrews on God's rest and it was very cool it has been something i have been thinking on a lot lately how there are many facets to Gods rest such as a sabath but more so in our final oneness with Him. I have really been searching for better understanding in the rest we will share when we are called home to Him. I look forward very much to that rest and to helping others understand the wonder and freedom and awesomeness of that rest also. I also wrote some poetry today first time in a long time and i just felt God in the surroundings with me, in my pen, and in my heart as i reflected and wrote on the story of God i was great. I really am thankful for the day and for the time spent with Him. I even think the poem was pretty good who knows if i get up the nerve maybe i will put it on here for you my faithful reader to take a look at well off to mess around and enjoy the last bit of the day. Praise be to God

1 Comments:

At 9:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Nic,
Glad to hear you are resting. That is beautiful!
That poem might just be screaming out for a little action at open mic. Just a thought.
-Trina

 

Post a Comment

<< Home