Monday, November 07, 2005

Dichotomy

Dichotomy of freedom of ideas and open mindedness. I get so frustrated with people who say they are open minded, but are completely close minded because they are only blinded by the idea of having an open mind. For example the person who says that I as a Christian should not push my beliefs on someone and I should be open minded and shut up. Well fact of the matter is that such a statmentis a very close minded. The fact that you ask me to leave you to your beliefs would mean that you also would leave me to mine thus we would both be open minded. And if my beliefs tell me that I should love you and tell you about Jesus then that is what an open minded person would allow me to do. Just as if I say that im not close minded I would listen to what you had to say also, even if it was calling me a stupid close minded Christian. Open mindedness in not agreeing with what is said but listening to what is said. Absurdity is agreeing with everything that is said. We all have an ethos and whatever it might be we should believe it and believe strongly in it. I believe that Jesus is Lord. That Jesus was the Truth and the Life. I believe this with all that I am. I am willing to listen to others, but from my experiences with Jesus I can never see me changing my point of view. That is how we are to live with an ethos or belief that it is true and that we believe it unless otherwise through our experience are shown otherwise. I respect any man who believes full in his ethos, but that does not mean I can not believe he is wrong. It is the man that believes in nothing and finds fault with all that I truly don't understand. One who is double minded and blow with the wind. But someone if you can explain to me how one can be open minded yet not allow a Christian to stand for what they believe I would love to hear it. Like I said I am willing to listen to you, and which in my understanding is what open mindedness is all about but please faithful reader correct me if I error.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home