Saturday, December 31, 2005

My views

I have been discovering lately that I am not as conservative as I may have once thought. I still in may peoples views am very conservative. But with in the circle of Christian thought I believe that I may be more liberal than I had once thought. I can to see this when a fellow "liberal" believer and I had a conversation on prayer in schools. FYI - prayer is allowed in school just not school lead prayer. With that said. We were discussing this issue and both agreed that we did not feel that school lead prayer was a good thing. What if the school decided to have school lead Islamic prayer. I would not want my child to be forced to pray those prayers. We then progressed to the message in general. I feel that some believe that the message should be forced upon people. That we should force people into prayer in the schools. But the message is not about force we are to influence people by our lives not our politics. Peter tells us to live a life that causes other to ask questions about the faith that is with in us. I guess I am tired of believers wanting other people and other things to do their jobs. We are so busy trying to reform the government, the movie industry, the music industry, what about ourselves. Maybe if we stopped and looked inward just a little we would see how much we need to fix our selves as a church. Maybe if we stopped trying to change the world and changed ourselves we would have that world changing impact. Changing the world starts by changing ourselves. Where in your life do you need some reform. What changes can you make that will help you to leave a lasting impact for the kingdom?

2 Comments:

At 12:25 PM, Blogger Beth said...

Totally agree with you.

 
At 12:14 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

word up!

By the way--sorry we weren't able to hang before you left for Martinsburg. I will be reading your blog--so make sure you keep posting while you are away.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home