Monday, February 13, 2006

Open minded

Being open minded. I have come to the conclusion that the saying "be open minded" is the catch phrase of my perverse generation. I say this because no matter what the subject, no matter how disgusting, if one makes a negative comment about it they are viewed to be close minded. I consider myself to be relatively open minded. I will listen to what others have to say and decided then for myself whether to accept it or reject it. That is being open minded. Because I decide to listen and draw judgment does not make me close minded. For example I have heard arguments why abortion is ok. I disagree. But that does not make me close minded. I would be close minded if did not even listen to the other side. But to listen and to make a rational informed decision based on fact and ethics is not close minded it is INTEGRITY. I believe that someone that does not have a stance, does not have a platform on which they base their lives is irrational and foolhardy. You have to stand for something or you will fall for everything as it has been said. If you do not have a basis for your belief then you will let everything be permissible. There will be nothing safe nothing sacred. I challenge you my reader to not be caught in the catch phrase of this perverse generation and to make informed decisions. To have a stance on life. To have a world view. I suggest that of Jesus. But if you follow my advise you will look into it and any other world view you choose. And if you do God will show you the way. That much I do know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home