Wednesday, February 15, 2006

Church or Image Builder?

I heard my fiance mention in conversation the idea of the church just being an image builder. Something people put on their resume. This struck me as a sad state of affairs, it did her also. I have been thinking about this and wondering how true is this, especially here in America. Its all about an image our culture is very concerned about our images. We have to drive nice cars, have big houses, and so forth. So why would it be any different for our spiritual image. The problem in this is that an image can be build up very nicely without having any substance. I can look rich and play reach, but have no money and be maxed out on all my credit cards but my image is intact. This is easily done in church also. We can show up every week join the right bible study and do all the right things, but have our hearts changed? Do our hearts reflect the life we are leading? We need to let Jesus change our hearts. Because when we are squeezed our true selves will be revealed. I challenge you my readers to take a look at your image then to take a look at your heart. Do they match? Or are you live a lie within your own skin?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home