Friday, June 16, 2006

Merciful God and emotional praise

Today I was driving home from work. After a long day in front of the computer training a nice 40 minute commute actually sounded good. I was cruising along with a Christian radio station on. Something I don't normally do (to be honest I just like secular radio better). But the songs were just songs I love to listen to. And I had made previously in the week the commitment that while I commute each way for 40 minutes I would pray one way and praise on the other. But the songs were very powerful to my heart today. I don't usually get into vocal praise all that much but I know when I am truly praising God through song because I always tear up. And it was a wonderful trip back home today. Song after song as I sang during certain verses or words that were meaningful to me and my place right now I would feel myself tear up. It was just a wonderful 20 minutes or so of just truly connecting with God and being able to praise the King of the Universe and the one through whom all good things come. Praise God for his gracious and loving nature.

2 Comments:

At 10:02 AM, Blogger cameron king said...

Hey Nic! That sounds awesome. I love driving; it kind of lets you zone out on life and zone in on God. Nice to see you blogging again! How's married life?

 
At 11:09 PM, Blogger nic said...

Hey cam things are great. I can see why you liked it so much. Let me know when you and the wife are in Wilmington. Me and the wifer need a nice beach trip and i would love to see you both. I miss my morgantown homies.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home