Thursday, August 17, 2006

Charity

Today Tara and I donated a book to the local library. We were just checking out the local Borders and found a couple of books we thought we should read and at the check out the woman asked if we wanted to donate a new book to the local library. So we said sure. We chose Charles Dickens "Great Expectations" Then had a lot of other books to choose from but we decided to go with a classic. And I was goign to say a Divine Comedy by Dante, but Tara told me that would be cruel. Her reasons were probably based on the fact she had to read if for class, but i digress. It was nice to be able to help out a good cause like this. But the best part of it was the fact that the woman was so thankful. She was very courtious and just very appreciative of our donation. It was the first of the day (kind of sad we did this at 4pm that day). I think when one is charitable and you recieve a good response you are more likely to be more charitable in the future. So remember that in your life. Give and recieve with gratitude and humilty and joy. I have had the fortune (misfortune if you as some) to be asked by street people to give money. I rarely turn them down. True i dont know what they are going to do with this money. And yes other avenues may be better. But if by giving "drug money to a few" I actually feed one then hey it is worth it. I have been so abundantly blessed that i refuse at this point (and thank God for him getting me to this point) to not be charitable with my blessings. I urge all of you to be charitable witha ll your talents and gifts " to whom a lot is given a lot is expected"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home