Monday, February 12, 2007

The burning bush and the cloudless sky




Tara and I decided to try our hands at art. One since we need things to put on the wall of the new house. Two because good art is expensive. So we decided to go with cheap bad self made art. I did my rendition of the burning bush. I took away some thoughts from the art of my friend ryan huffman (way way better artist) and mixed faith into my piece. I think it came out ok. Its an picture of the burning bush (God) and a sandle. The sandle representing how it is holy ground in the prensence of God and we must remove our shoes and worship Him. The sandle is kind of wind swept representing the awesome power of God. I think it turned out ok for a beginner. The second picture im posting in Tara's it is not finished yet so im hoping by posting the picture it will get her motivated to finish it. I think she has a great vision and will make a wonderful painting. So let me know what you think and help me give Tara some motivation. It was a great thing in motown when we had creative expression. So me and tara had one down here own our own its good not to forget we are creators with a little "c" and God is the creator with the big "C"

2 Comments:

At 6:52 PM, Blogger cameron king said...

Hey buddy! Did you start a new blog somewhere else since February or did you just get out of the habit on this one?

I'm sorry I haven't kept in better touch. It was really nice seeing you for the Seder. Hope to see/talk to you again soon.

 
At 6:53 PM, Blogger cameron king said...

P.S. It's fun to paint with the wifey, huh? Sarah and I have done it several times on regular paper, and now we've had canvases for over a year and haven't used them yet! We'll take an evening this summer and finally do it...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home